Thursday, May 19, 2011

Victorian Snow




On the second day we were on the island, I woke up with intentions of revisiting Butchart Gardens. The last time we were there, my husband, Dustin, had proposed to me so we were quite excited to return to our special place.  When I came into the living-room, to my surprise there was about a foot of snow covering everything.  This snow continued to hang around for the rest of the week that we were in Victoria, definitely not the weather what we had expected.  Luckily the snow is what I like to call "romantic snow," the beautiful, lacy snowflakes that fall slowly to the earth - so I didn't mind it all.  We enjoyed the 45 minute walk to down town Victoria. I loved shooting the cherry blossoms covered in snow and at one point I photographed a lady feeding seagulls in the snow.  It almost seemed like a fairytale in which the snowflakes turned into birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment